Today’s emphasis on the customer experience has not changed the fact that the backbone of solid customer service and support is still an operationally efficient contact center staffed with knowledgeable, personable agents. The emphasis does, however, now include the digital channels your customers use, and this often complicates any goals your business has to provide an effortless experience.
This seamless experience is crucial in an environment where customers may well leave and not come back if they get frustrated with any part of their experience:
- 89 percent of consumers report their top frustration is inconsistent customer experience across channels.
- 58 percent of consumers who complete an interaction through live service start that interaction on the web.
You’re probably aware of these issues, and that’s why you’re here. So let’s explore how you can expand your center’s excellent customer service into your web channel.
Bridge the Gap
The essence of an omnichannel experience is to break down channel siloes and offer your customers the same experience, as well as the same continuity of communication and information, no matter where they initiate their journey or what other channels they use along the way. Web callback bridges these gaps. It allows your customers to begin, continue and complete interactions across web, social, mobile, text and voice channels; specifically, their contextual information and authentication keys move with them so they never have to “start over.”
For example, web callback eliminates the need for customers to stop what they’re doing, dial a phone number, and take the time to navigate through a maze of voice prompts after they’ve already provided their pertinent information on the website. Instead, web callback routes that customer directly to the most pertinent agent team for help – and the customer’s activity history gets to the agent even before the call.
In short, web callback allows your customers to connect when and how they want, without hold times or barriers to service. This is the kind of personalization that customers expect as part of “effortless experience.”
Provide Value and Control
In today’s busy and often chaotic world, who doesn’t want more power and control – particularly if you’ve invested your time and money? Today’s customers certainly feel that way. Any business process that prioritizes their personal convenience encourages them to feel that your brand as a whole values their business.
Web callback puts your web visitors in control of their interaction with your brand, making it easy to reach a human as soon as they wish to. Here’s VHT’s web callback works:
- Your customers are presented an average wait time and given the option to wait in line for an available agent virtually — without having to actually wait in queue, yet without “losing their place in line.”
- Along with the wait time, they can also receive information about the best times to reach an agent based on historical call volume data, should they wish to try later.
- If they choose to schedule a callback, they are given a choice between the agent calling them back as soon as possible, or being called back at a time they specify.
- If they’ve entered data in a web form, they can be offered advice on further actions to make their call more productive and to move the issue closer to resolution.
The Gift of Agent Empowerment
Speaking of issue resolution, the other half of a good omnichannel solution is to make your agents well-informed and ready to provide efficient, proactive service to your callers. Web callback provides all the data collected about the caller, including recently visited web pages, to your agents in real time even before the customer is called back. This means your agent is empowered with context even before “hello,” allowing them to quickly and effectively solve problems. Their productivity is improved by reducing call handle times; your NPS scores are improved by decreased customer frustration, lowered rates of call abandonment, and higher chances for positive customer experiences. In fact, VHT users connecting to a contact center from web or mobile channels have 3-5 percent higher NPS scores than customers just using voice.
Optimize Your Operations
The great thing about callback software is that they make things just as easy for your operations team as they do for your customers. VHT offers a range of flexible callback deployment options, making it simple to add functionality in the cloud without requiring a major investment, and continuing the use of existing premise-based equipment. Your business outcomes are improved with minimal effort, and your operations can reap benefits like these:
- With the same level of staffing, one client was able to handle more than one million additional callers while 388,000 potential abandons were mitigated.
- On average, VHT customers recover an average of 100,000 abandoned calls per year and reduce average speed of answer (ASA) by 30 percent.